NO Slatted Rack, Lower Entrance Only (Sask2)
Bee Race: Saskatraz
Source: Overwintered colony (2021 package)
Hive Name: Sask2
- 10 Frame Langstroth
- Stack: Medium,Medium,Medium,Medium
Cozy with reflectix covering the top so no snow gets in.
upper entrance : None
lower entrance : 1.8"x 3/8"
hive stand base wrapped with Reflectix
- colony started with upper entrance blocked by outer cover and ~2.5" lower entrance.
- 10/29/22 @ ~3:30-3:45pm: flipped inner cover & adjusted top-mid (aka Custom(3)) sensor to be on slot 9. Had found that there was an open slot betweeen the inner cover and box 4 in the front due to the sensor pushing up the inner cover
~ 11/1/22 - removed under inner cover and custom(1) sensor as they were showing odd humidity readings. moved another sensor to cusom(1) position.
- 11/9/2022 @ ~10am : wrapped hive stand in reflectix
- 11/12/22@ noon: returned sensors to under inner cover & added shim with weather stripping - total height between 1 1/2"--> 1 3/4" depending on compression of weather stripping.
- 11/17/22 ~ noon - wrapped colony & installed entrance reducers
A sensor was added to this colony - so there is a temp sensor on the West side (labeled as Above Upper Brood box so the graphs look OK), and an RH sensor on the north, south & east sides
Sensor location notes:
"Above Lower Brood Box" = box 2, frame 5, 2" from front (south side)
"Custom(1)" = box 2, frame 5, 2" from back (north side)
"Under Inner Cover" = box 4, frame 5, 2" from front (south side)
"Custom(2)" = box 4, frame 5, 2" from back (north side)
"Other" = box 4, frame 8, 2" from east side
"Above Upper Brood Box" = box 4, frame 2, 2" from West side
"Outside" (pink line) is not from a sensor. It data pulled by broodminder from a weather data site
frames are counted from left to right when facing the front of the colony