Bee Race: Carni
Source: Overwintered Hive - requeened in 2020
Queen: 1st Year
Hive Name: Stalker29Q
- 10 Frame Langstroth
- 8" off the ground
- hive entrance: 2"x1"
- upper entrance: 1" x 1/2"
- open bottom board wrapped with Reflectix
- Stack (bottom to top):
candyboard, inner cover, homosote board, 2" insulation
homemade bee cozy (3/4" polystyrene + marine vinyl),
reflectix wrapped around bottom, 2" insulation on top
- 1/30/21 - blocked the candy board front entrance, closed the hive entrance down to 1/2" x1/2", and pulled the cozy up to just under the candy board
- 2/13/21 - blocked the upper entrance
- 2/16/21 - opened upper entrance to ~1/4" x1/4"
- 2/23/21 - cluster is in middle of top box directly under the opening in the middle of the candyboard
- 2/26/21 - added 2nd probe between homosote board & top insulation (listed as "outside hive" in the live stream)