Bee Race: Northern
Source: NUC from overwintered colony, mating flight failed, added mated 2020 queen
Queen: 1st Year
Hive Name: 2 Fence NUC
- 5 Frame Langstroth
- 12" off the ground
- hive entrance: 3/8" x 1/2"
- upper entrance: 3/8" x 1/2"
- closed bottom board
- Stack (bottom to top):
Deep, deep, deep, inner cover, moisture vent system
bee cozy, tyvek, colony quilt, 2" insulation on top
- 1-15-21 A cleansing flight occurred upper and lower entrance.
- 1/27/21 : added 7.99 lb candy board
- 2/24/21 : inspection revealed hive was very wet. Took the following actions: removed the candy board, gave them a fondant, sugar and Honey B Health mixed patty turned the inner cover over with the entrance upward and changed the insulation to a solid 2” polystyrene.
- 3-9-21 : Bees Flying Top and Bottom entrance
- 3-12-21 : Open fed pollen, Fed 1/4 lb. Fondant, Fed 1/8 Lb. Pollen Patty
- 3-21-21 : Natural Pollen Green, Light Yellow, Fed ¼ lb. Fondant, Fed 1/8 Lb. Pollen Patty
- 4-4-21 : Natural Pollen Green, Light Yellow Red Maple, Light Brown, Fed 1/2 lb. Fondant, Fed 1/8 Lb. Pollen Patty, Dry inner cover
1/27/21 added candy board on
Jan 20, 2021
Heat loss at inner cover
Nuc is not banked to share heat
2/24/21 - removed wet candy board