Hive Merr2 - Polystyrene
Bee Race: Italian
Source: 2021 Package
Queen: 1st Year
Hive Name: Merr2
- 10 Frame Langstroth
- Wrapped on 10/31/21
- Stack: Deep, Deep
1" Polystyrene around sides,
closed bottom board,
1" Polystyrene insulation on top
bottom entrance : 2"x5/16"
top entrance : 1/2"x1/2"
- Colony get filtered sun in winter.
- snow closed bottom entrance possibly on 1/26/22. There was also snow in the area on 1/17/22.
- 2/6/22 - observed frost above upper entrance
- 2/11/22 (morning)- snow from bottom entrance removed
- 2/11/22 - heavy icing around upper entrance
- 2/12/22 - Candy board added. Wrap pulled up to cover joint between woodenware and candy board as well as the vent hole.
front/icing above upper entrance - 2/6/22
Sensor location notes: "Outside hive" is on woodenware.
"Outside" (pink line) is not from a sensor. It data pulled by broodminder from a weather data site